Table of ContentsInstall MagicsInstall e-StageConfigure MagicsConfigure machines in MagicsVerifying e-Stage support generation
Ensure that you have Magics installed on your computer. If you do not, please find out how to install Materialise software on this page.
Run the Materialise e-Stage installer and accept the installation defaults.
1. From the “Options & Help” toolbar, select the [Settings] button. In the “Settings” dialog, go to “Modules” then to “Materialise e-Stage”.
Using the [Browse] button, locate the Materialise e-Stage Installation Folder:
2. In the “Settings” dialog, go to “File I/O” then to “Working Folders” then to “Materialise e-Stage Parameter Folder”.
Using the [Browse] button, locate the Materialise e-Stage Parameter Folder as below.
Note: check to see that you have the folder on your computer and that you have sufficient permission to access this folder. In Windows, this is known as “Full Control”.
Configure machines in Magics
1. For every machine for which you wish to generate e-Stage support, you will need to configure the use of e-Stage.
From the “Build Preparation” toolbar, select the [My Machines] button. In the “My Machines” dialog, select the desired machine then select “Edit” from the context menu.
2. In the “Machine Properties” dialog, go to “Materialise e-Stage support parameters”.
Select a parameter file from the drop-down list, or press the [New] button if no parameter file exists, or press [Edit] if you wish to modify the selected parameter file:
3. In the “Machine Properties” dialog, go to “Materialise e-Stage export”.
First, tick the checkbox “Enable support generation when exporting platforms”. Then select the desired parameter file from the drop-down list. If no parameter file exists, press the [New] button to create one. If you wish to modify the parameter file, press the [Edit] button. Last, tick the checkbox “Load generated support on scene” to display the created support after it has been generated.
Verifying e-Stage support generation
1. Create a platform scene, and place a part above the base inside the platform envelope.
From the “Build Preparation” toolbar, select the [Export Platform] button. In the “Export Platform” dialog, verify that “Generate Materialise e-Stage support” says "Yes".
Press the [Export] button to export the platform while e-Stage support is generated:
2. Inspect the generated support and reiterate the procedure using different e-Stage parameters, if needed: